Shy Flower

I'm in the middle of many things today, but I'm starting to get a little nervous as I have a meeting to go to tonight and I just found out I will not know anyone. Oh, how that inner shy flower of mine comes out in times of uncertainty. I do relatively well in situations when I know a few people, but when I'm the lone person in a room full of strangers, I tend to creep into my shell. Then when I am finally comfortable and my crazy self comes out, people are left scratching their heads and questioning if I have multiple personalities.

So now I am sitting here with butterflies in my belly and thinking of ways to get out of going to my meeting tonight. I just called Kent to ask if I could quit my lady group, like he is my dad or something, and his response was what I expected. These things are uncomfortable, but overtime, they will improve. I haven't really given this a chance yet and it is time that I step out of my box. I'm just a sensitive bunny anymore and retreating to my home with my DVR sounds so much more appealing than coming up with some interesting tid bit to share amongst strangers. I don't dare say what I do for a living, as I then find myself sharing tips on skin care and cosmetic procedures. Is it going to kill me to go tonight, no, so this shy flower will just have to make her way to Belltown tonight armed with my contribution of two bottles of wine and a plethera of life tidbits and witty phrases.

On a totally different subject I am improving significantly with my shyness around medical providers. My business has had so many ultrasounds and exams lately that I literally plop on the table, throw my feet in the car shammy wipe covered feet holders and chill out. The good news is no cysts on the ovaries, bad news is we are upping my clomid to try and produce a follicle on the 12th day. Kent and I are going to Las Vegas to see U2, WOO HOO, but the timing is terrible with my ovulation. So the goal is to somehow get me to ovulate on the 12th day, get my shot and then have insemination the next day, two hours before I leave for Vegas. Now I am not terribly religious, but I did secretly pray that somehow we would be pregnant before the U2 show so that our baby could rock out to my boys. Well that didn't happen, BUT, maybe our future baby will essentially be happening in my belly WHILE we are at the show. Some say seeing a U2 show is a religious experience, almost like seeing God. I'm not going to jump on that band wagon, but if Bono and the boys gets things moving along, I'll take it.
(Kent is going to kill me for this post).

2 comments:

Lucy said...

I think it's hilarious that you are planning on indoctrinating your youth with U2 at such an early age (like mere hours of existence).

Good luck! I tell you, being out of that whole pregnancy/trying to be pregnant scene for a few years makes me shudder that I was once every bit as comfortable on the table as you described. now, I'm back to appropriately being a shy flower:)

Sunny said...

I hope your meeting went well! Going to Belltown to hang out, aren't you just super cool. :)

I hope your plan to get the IUI in works like a charm. Clomid is my mortal enemy, but it has helped many a women get knocked up!