I'm starting to get that warm feeling, the happiness feeling that I haven't felt for awhile. I am enjoying the beautiful decorating Kent and I did together and the fun things planned over the next few days. I'm keeping my stress at bay, even though it is all around me. I'm controlling what I can and putting the rest aside as it will do me no good. I'm so thankful that I have a husband who will make a mad dash with me to the store and make 12 gifts for all my co-workers on a moments notice (like last night at 8pm).
There are so many reasons that I love Kent, but here is an example of what makes him that fabulous guy. The other night I was putting some presents under the tree and I noticed this one gift that looked really out of place. It's wrapping was terrible, you could see weird paper shredding, cat hair stuck in the tape and the bow was ridiculous. I thought to myself, we don't have kids! I forgot our only kid though is Kent's 16 year old cat Stoney who apparently went shopping for me and wrapped his own gift. The tag said To Mom Love Stoney. The fact that Kent intentionally wrapped this gift poorly and put a chunk of Stoney's fur in the tape is a testament to his thoughtfulness.
This has been a rock and roll of a year, literally. Some days are rocky, some days we roll on by. We've had our seat belts on the entire time though and I couldn't be more happy to be side by side with Kent. My wonderful friends too have been a testament to the word of friendship. Thank you everyone, have a wonderful holiday!

5 comments:
Your house looks GORGEOUS!! Merry Christmas!
Wow! What a gorgeous home! Amazing!
Have a very Merry Christmas. I hope we both get our wish in 2009.
Wow! Lisa, the place looks so beautiful :)
Kent might be the most thoughtful man on the planet... you are one lucky lady! :)
Hope you had a wonderful Christmas.
Your tree is, of course, gorgeous. I love that you have a man who appreciates and helps out with your fine sense of decorative touches.
Merry christmas and a VERY Happy New Year to you.
Beautiful pictures, beautiful home! I hope you had a very Merry Christmas with your soul mate. This is a tough time of year when we IFers are TTC, and you did great.
Post a Comment