I'm rounding the corner of being 19 weeks pregnant and I'm still a little baffled. Yesterday we went for the big Ultrasound, the sort of scary one when your are 35+ and they check for issues etc. The ultrasound tech was the same one we had the first time, I thought she was dull, but she was just doing her job. She spent about 45 minutes total and we were able to see the feet, hands, spine etc. When it was time to get close to the abdomen and genitals she had both of us close our eyes as we do not want to know the sex (I don't know if I could have been able to tell anyways). Kent and I kept laughing and yelling at one another that we had better not be cheating, it was probably only funny to us. The tech kept saying, your baby is really moving around, and I still felt like she wasn't actually talking to me. It strangely is just starting to hit me, like big time, that we are having a baby in early October. The ultrasound showed nothing out of the ordinary and as she and the Doctor left I just started to cry. Deep down I've worried, but I haven't let anything surface. The tears came out quickly though as I'm trying to get gel off my belly (actually I made Kent, he washed my tummy like it was a Buick). We left that office and a weight was off my shoulders and then the reality of life settled in.
Last week-end I went to Babies R Us, my idea of hell, and registered. My mother came with me and 2 1/2 hours later we left exhausted. I am amazed at the amount of stuff out there and the list that the store gave me as registry necessities. I believe we will be having 3 showers, so I tried to add many things to the registry that were in different price points. I felt embarrassed by the list and it just reminded me of our wedding registry all over again. I know this helps people when they want to purchase you something, but it also made me feel so selfish as well.
Kent and I are in a waiting period right now. Waiting for our home to get finished, but that won't happen until September. Waiting for the baby, and that doesn't happen until October. I'm blessed beyond belief and looking forward to settling in this summer and nesting with Kent.

4 comments:
I'm so glad your scan could ease your mind! I know just what you mean. Congrats!
You know what??? It is incredibly hard for me to read about almost everyone's pregnancies, but yours?? I LOVE updates! More updates!! Pregnant Lisa pictures!!! I want more!!!
Congrats on a great scan!
So, so, so glad that everything went well at the doctor! Yay for good news! :)
And I felt the same way about my registry...the whole selfish thing. But, it has given people ideas and guidance as to what we need and I find that they are appreciative of that. But don't be surprised if folks just buy you what they want you to have. We're coming up on a month to go and have gotten TONS of gifts...but a LOT of them aren't registry related. What can you do?
Hope you can find peace in your waiting time...and that the time flies and October is here before you know it. :)
Congrats on passing the half-way mark!! Wow, it has gone by so quickly. For me at least -- probably not for you. :) I am thrilled to hear that Baby is healthy, and you are doing well (with the normal frustrations of waiting and worry, of course). Hope the next 20 weeks are as great as the first!
Post a Comment