Down time

Today Kent and I found ourselves with nothing on our agenda. Not a single important task, obligation or function on the calendar. Kent and I are often busy and rarely have down time. When we do find ourselves with nothing going on, we almost become blank and our memories are erased of possibilities. When we are full, it seems there are too many things that we would like to do.

We woke up to the sound of ridiculous rain; pouring rain. The type of rain that floods the streets as the gutters are full of leaves. We decided to make a pork roast and ran to the grocery store "ugly." Which means sweats, teeth brushed but no shower. I call it "ugly" became I don't apply my face, aka makeup. It was some type of anniversary at the grocery store so it was packed. I swear in our neighborhood there are not enough decent grocery stores that aren't ridiculously expensive. So the normal priced one is out of control packed with shoppers who are normal people with budgets. After the grocery store I came home and made blueberry pancakes with some of the blueberries from Kent's 11 pounds he picked. I will never use up all of these blueberries. Next year we are only getting enough berries to fill our hands, no buckets allowed. Once breakfast was over and I cleaned up the house the boredom began.

Kent has been wanting to move for the past 2 years. We love our home, it is just too small. We own a triplex and have decided we are not going to sell it, but keep it and rent out our unit. Our problem is the down payment. We need to have a pretty big chunk to get another place and coming up with that cash has not been that easy. Kent's contracting skills are aching to start a new bathroom, a new kitchen of his dreams. He scours the magazines and Redfin with the eyes of a kid in a candy store. This scouring though with no means of getting his new home leaves a sense of uncertainty and impatience. It sucks when what you really want to do is not an option. It will be an option sooner than later, but finding a way to keep Kent's time occupied will be a challenge. He doesn't watch sports, he doesn't play video games. He has a hobby, it's called building things, and not bird houses.

So now we are finding ourselves at home this evening. Dinner turned out great, we went to Blockbuster (haven't done that in years!) and rented two movies. They are total lady movies and I can't wait. I won the movie war as the new Transformer movie doesn't come out until next week (somehow we missed this in the theatre wink, wink).

Trying to keep the night exciting I made up this cute tray of treats to occupy his time as he is watching a documentary on the journey of making it into the musical A Chorus Line. The movie is called Every Little Step and I am jacked. I've always loved dance movie, Flashdance, Fame etc. A Chorus Line was my favorite. Last year it came to Seattle and Kent was awesome and came with me. I totally cried at it, so ridiculous yes, but you have to love the story of someone chasing their dream. My husband is a good man. Our 5 days of Clomid is over now. Tonight we will sit and I will dream and he will gag over our movie but at least the treats are good..truffle popcorn--YUM!

PS--Look at these beautiful flowers I came home to on Friday. A Chorus Line AND flowers...that's my man!

5 comments:

Jill said...

Looks like you had a wonderful evening! Good luck with the Clomid!

Kelly said...

I haven't heard of that movie, but I will definitely rent it next time I go to Blockbuster! I am also a dance movie nut, so this documentary sounds right up my alley!

Hope to read good news from you soon!

Anonymous said...

I am so jealous that you won the movie war, that never happens for me haha.

Love your blog btw and good luck!

Sunny said...

I totally have a project for Kent to keep him busy while you save. Our master bath is huge but the old owners left is boring as all get-out. Builders basics on everything, white everywhere.

When can he start?

Lisa said...

Sunny you crack me up. I'll send him over next week-end (-: He loves honey do lists.