Potpourri

I haven't touched my blog in over a week, I feel out of sorts a bit and I just didn't feel like writing anything down. I've just been all over the place this past week. Things have been fabulous and then swoosh, my emotions kick in and I'm in the dumps. I have had some awesome revelations over the past few days about money, stress and fear. They are all rolled up into one giant ball and every once in awhile it gets flung at me and nails me right in the gut. Knowing a little more of what I've been able to "uncover" in the deep parts of my brain has definitely helped. I'm not going to hash it out here, but hopefully I will be able to remember this mantra and not allow myself to go into such stressful places.

This past week I've been reminded of how lucky we all are after the earthquake in Haiti. I complain about my tendinitis, a headache, shin splints etc, but truthfully, that sheer pain and torture those people are going through is almost unbearable to watch. All of those kids who are without parents. All of those parents without their children. I get confused by disasters and the why's of their place, particularly in a religious sense. An area that is already on the verge of being one of the most distraught in the world, and now they face this. I don't really know how to react, but seeing the photographs and video makes me humble as I sit in my lovely home.

Kent and I are still doing awesome with our fitness and nutrition. I can not tell enough people about taking a daily dose of fish oil, the true oil, not the capsules. I put a dose into about 2oz of Kefir and gulp it down. Kent and I both have been excellent about our supplements, water intake and exercise routine. I really need to work on my stress levels though as stress will wipe out all of these other really proactive things I have been doing.

This upcoming week Kent and I have our birthday on Sunday. I'm looking forward to a positive week and a fun week-end. I can't believe I am going to be 35. Really, it just seems like a pivotal age of no longer being a "young" person. I did get an Iphone this week-end to make my best attempt at getting hip like the kids and an old lady in the grocery store yesterday stopped me to tell me how beautiful my skin was. I guess being 35 with technology and botox on my side is how I will ring in this new birthday. Here's to a good week for everyone.

2 comments:

Kelly said...

I hope you and Kent have a wonderful birthday!!!

Sunny said...

How fun that you and Ken get to celebrate together. Wishing you both a happy birthday and lots of success this year!